Gameloft contacted us because they wanted to promote their massively successful March Of Empires, a game played by over 10 million IOS and Android users.
To make an impressive cinematic trailer from the original game art and, since the game was intended to be played from a bird´s eye point of view, to additionally enhance it in order to compensate the lack of detail.
- Lowpoly models and textures which had to be enhaced and yet preserve the original game art.
- The proportions, scale and textures of the environment were exaggerated.
- The first step was to develop and deliver a script, storyboard and animatic.
- We remodeled and textured the outer wall, buildings and the environment of the city in high detail and added plants, clouds, volumetric atmosphere and FX.
- We created 3D Matte paintings of the environment where we placed the original Gameloft 2D drawn characters
- A graphics system was developed in order to present the marketing messages in the trailer in a visually effective way.
- Each of the formats was delivered as an After Effects template in which the marketing messages for the different languages can be replaced with ease.
Gameloft did a massive IOS and Android marketing campaign in which the trailer played a key role.